Canvas Print Art Hanging on Wall - Let’s Learn how to do this
March 1, 2021
Moved to the new house and emptied walls are all you left?
Love photography but can’t decide what to do with your brilliant shot?
Canvas prints are the answer to all!
Load up your house or office full of beautiful memories by turning them into exquisite canvases. A canvas has the power to spread the magic of your attractive bonds and memories associated with them. So turn your memories into a canvas, and we will show you various ways to hang your stunning art pieces.
How to hang large canvas printing?
Hanging canvas prints is not a very hectic job. Due to its diminutive weight, you don’t need any heavy support. But no matter how much the weight, you still need to know specific ways to keep the canvases stable.
Before we introduce you to specific ways to hang canvas art, let us first check all the things we will need.
What you need for canvas wall hanging?
You won’t need much for canvas prints hanging, just a few tools and pieces of equipment that you necessarily need. We are sure some of these you already own at your home, and if not, then you’ll get it at any hardware store near you
- 1x Nail
- 2x Sticky pads
- 2x Screws
- 1x Sawtooth bracket
- 1x Hook
- 1x screwdriver
Points to remember while hanging custom canvas prints
Here are a few factors that you have to remember while hanging your canvas photo prints, no matter whatever way you choose.
- The first thing you need to know is the measurement of your canvas and the area where you desire to hang. Also, make sure to measure the distance of your canvas spot from the ceiling, floor, and other furnishings in that space.
- Make sure to clean the area where you’ll hang your canvas with a wet cloth.
- We would recommend you hang your canvas in the midpoint to make it look aligned with everything.
- The measure should be 56 and 60 inches from the floor and 8-10 inches above a piece of furniture. Once you’re done measuring, mark that point with a pen or a pencil.
- You’ll get the stick-on wall pads at any hardware store to prevent the wall from scratches and stains.
- Once you complete everything, make sure to assess whether the canvas is straight or not.
Transform your space with timeless elegance and lasting durability. Discover our collection of aesthetic wall décor.
Ways to hang high quality canvas prints in your home and office
Before we start the large canva wall hanging process, we hope you noted all the necessary equipment needed. Also, make sure you’ve read all the essential points to remember amid the procedure.
1. Sawtooth bracket
Choose the size of the sawtooth bracket according to the size of your canvas prints. It is the most appropriate option for small as well as medium-sized canvases. With the sawtooth bracket, you’ll also need screws and nails.
- At a slight angle, hammer the nail into a hanger hook.
- Measure the top side of the canvas and mark its center point.
- Next, place the bracket where you marked on the canvas as well as the wall.
- Start with screwing one side of the bracket and then gradually the other.
- Lastly, check if the screws are tightly planted.
If you own small or medium canvases, then nails work the best. Brass and steel nails would be the best choice because they don’t damage the walls.
- Go closer to the wall and mark the area with a pencil.
- Hammer the nail into the wall on the mark.
- Leave half an inch of nail out of the wall to hand the canvas.
- Lastly, hang the canvas on the pin.
J-hooks are available in various sizes and are an ideal solution for hanging larger or broader canvases. They are installed on the wall using nails. Smaller ones need one nail, whereas bigger ones need two nails. Use the tools and equipment accordingly based on whatever you feel will provide stability to your canvas prints. Here’s how to do it.
- Starting with marking the wall according to your canvas size.
- Once you do that, you’ll know the count and size of hooks you will require for your canvas.
- Next, proceed with placing your J-hook on the mark and hammer the nails along with the hooks.
- Lastly, check if the hooks you hammered are perfectly aligned and will not make the canvas look crooked.
4. Eye hooks
- Start with screwing the eye hooks on each side of the wood frame of your canvas.
- The next thing you have to do is string the wire around the eye hook so that it holds enough space for hanging.
- Lastly, hammer the nail on the mark and hang your stunning canvas using wire.
5. Adhesive strips
Adhesive strips are the best yet the most hassle-free solutions for your wall hangings. They are not only durable but also help you prevent your walls from damage. No nails, no hammer, no hooks, nothing; adhesive strips are easy to use. The only thing you have to take care of is the exact weight of your canvas. Make sure the weight capacity on the strips mentioned matches the weight of your canvas. If it doesn’t, then they might not take the weight. And if it does, then here are the steps to use it for your wall hangings.
- Start with marking the wall by placing the canvas for the exact dimension.
- Stick the adhesive strips on all sides of the wooden frame of your canvas.
- Once you place the strips at all corners, press the canvas against the wall as per the markings you made in the first step.
These were some of the common ways to hang your beautiful canvas prints. Whatever method you choose to hang your piece, make sure you did as per your canvas size. Canvases liven up your space with so much joy making you go in awe with your beautiful memories.
Ready to hold your memories in hand?